Colt Ethernet Line/Hub&Spoke and Colt Dedicated Cloud Access serve the network needs of Gakken Products Support Co., Ltd.
About Gakken Products Support Co., Ltd.
We support our customers by using our experience and expertise to help them maximize value in product creation and business initiatives. We off er the following two types of services:
1. Production management and copyright management of magazines, books and other publications, teaching materials, multimedia products, etc., and product safety screening support for customers on a consignment basis.
2. Accounting, HR, corporate services and other office management, including information system management and public relations work on a consignment basis.
Our Business Challenge
We had our system set up on internal systems with ﬁle servers based in the cloud, “Amazon Glacier”. Our plan was to eventually move all systems to the cloud. Although we performed regular cost and system optimization, we didn’t have the resources on hand to implement network optimization. For that, we called upon Colt.
We’d been using other providers’ network services before, but decided to switch to Colt for the following 4 reasons:
1. Low cost, low latency and high quality network throughput
2. Colt’s L2 services allowed us to retain our existing IP address structure
3. Scalability (service upgrades can be done without re-installing access circuits)
4. Capable of sub-rate bandwidth upgrades
Colt also guided us through the process of how cost and quality would improve after upgrading to their services, as well as impact on services related to human resources in our IT division.
Our customers expect stable and smooth network usability at all times. So far we haven’t had any trouble with Colt’s services, and we look forward to Colt continuing to provide high-quality network infrastructure in the future as well.
Colt Dedicated Cloud Access is a high-quality and secure network service that connects clients to cloud services (AWS, Azure, Bluemix) using a leased line in a private network.
- Fully guaranteed bandwidth via leased line
- Colt provides Direct Connect in Tokyo, Osaka, Singapore, Dublin, London, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt
- Colt is an Authorized APN Technology Partner. Used by multiple enterprise and system integrators, a majority of which use high-bandwidth connections ranging upwards of 1Gbps
Colt Ethernet Line (point-to-point) / Hub & Spoke (point-to-multipoint) are low-latency, reliable, and bandwidth guaranteed Ethernet lines. With traffic between data centres increasing year over year, these circuits offer uncompromising performance while reducing cost of access and use.
- Industry-best ultra low latency networks facilitated by fully leveraging Colt expertise in HFT and other ﬁnancial markets. Network optimized to the microsecond through streamlined ﬁbre routes, network topology, low latency network equipment, and efficient traffic engineering.
- Enables ﬂexible bandwidth changes and burstability without requiring equipment upgrades as high capacity access links (1/10 Gbps) are already provided. Service delivered in as little as 10 days as circuit terminal equipment is already installed.
- Fully redundant core and optional redundancy in access circuits facilitate end-to-end guaranteed bandwidth and fast switching (<50ms) in case of disruption. Premium quality ensured through SLAs on availability, bandwidth, fault handling, and delivery, as well as various monitoring capabilities.