This product was formerly known as etherXEN Japan prior to March 13th, 2017.
Please visit the product mapping page for details →
Colt Ethernet Line (point-to-point) / Hub & Spoke (point-to-multipoint) are low-latency, reliable, and bandwidthguaranteed Ethernet lines. With traffic between data centres increasing year over year, these circuits offer uncompromising performance while reducing cost of access and use. Choose between guaranteed bandwidth (CIR*1=PIR*2), or partial guaranteed bandwidth with burstability (CIR < PIR).
*1 CIR: Comitted Information Rate
*2 PIR: Peak Information Rate
- Colt has a proven track record in serving the financial industry with low-latency connectivity and we continue to leverage that experience to shrink latency down to the microsecond.
- Expertise in developing our own fibre-optic network has made us industry leaders in low latency
- We use low-latency optimised network equipment on top of our efficiently configured core network to tune latency down even further.
- Our core network is entirely redundant, with optional redundancy in client access lines
- Reliable quality assurance SLAs (availability, bandwidth recovery, incident time to recovery, lead times)
- Guaranteed end-to-end bandwidth boasts a fast switching (<50ms) leased line in case of outages, and a wide array of features such as 1Mbps to 6Gbps bandwidth packages and reporting features not found in other leased lines
- Simple bandwidth upgrades without requiring physical onsite changes/installation
- High-bandwidth lines up to 1G can be setup within 10 business days if circuit equipment already exists
- All customers furnished with access links of up to 1 to 10Gbps to allow for bandwidth flexing without extra physical installation or equipment upgrades.
- A fast, all-in-one connectivity service with inter-connects between over 70 major centers in Asia already
- High-bandwidth connection of up to 10Gbps between data centres
|Service Name||Colt Ethernet Line
Colt Ethernet Hub & Spoke
Hub & Spoke
|Service type||Guaranteed bandwidth||Burst||Hikari Access|
|Features||Bandwidth per Contract||Guaranteed bandwidth up to fixed amount, partial guaranteed bandwidth, bandwidth over CIR is shared||Best effort
Hikari access line
|Service type||Point to Point/Point to Multi-Point||Point-to-multipoint|
|Speeds||1Mbps ~ 6Gbps||100M Burst (10M/30M Guaranteed)
1G Burst (100M/300M Guaranteed)
10G Burst (1G/3G/5G Guaranteed)
|Service area||Tokyo 23 Wards, Tama, Kawasaki, Yokohama, Saitama, Chiba, Part of Osaka*1||Japan-wide|
|Time to recovery||○||○*2|
|Incident support desk||24/7/365||24/7/365|
|Incident responce team||24/7/365||24/7/365
(Hikari Access from 9am to 5pm)
*1 Check with a representative for a detailed coverage map.
*2 The Hikari Access SLA applies to Colt network accommodation and core nodes.
PIR=Peak Information Rate
Hikari Access option
Best-effort Hikari Access is useful for access points that don’t use a lot of traffic or are transmitting data that is less important. Get optimal cost and performance by using Hub & Spoke to combine guaranteed bandwidth and burstability.
* Companies, products, and services mentioned are the registered trademarks of their respective companies.* All specifications listed in this catalog are subject to change for upgrades without notice.