This product was formerly known as etherXEN Multi-Connect prior to March 13th, 2017.
Please visit the product mapping page for details →
Colt’s Ethernet VPN is an Ethernet-based VPN service that creates a multi-point connection between multiple LAN access points. With increasing traffic needs due to mass migration to cloud services and increasingly sophisticated corporate IT systems, our service reduces your TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) by providing a low-cost, high-bandwidth connection.
- All of Japan is covered, with expanding connections to major data centres. Various types of access lines to meet different customer needs are available.
- Cloud connections (AWS/Azure) are of course supported, with a single access line able to create a private network
connection with multiple public cloud services.
News access type: S Access
S Access is a private, best-effort 100Mbps line with coverage over the entirety of Japan. It provides a secure connection with high cost performance over a wide area of coverage.
- 100% core network redundancy, with optional redundancy in access circuits to customer sites allowing for quick switchover (<50ms) in the event of service disruption
- Reliable quality assurance (service delivery timeframe, availability, incident recovery time)
- Multiple access networks: Bandwidth-guaranteed Colt or KDDI Access or best-effort S or Hikari Access
- Service startup in a few as 10 business days for high-bandwidth circuits (up to 1Gbps) if circuitterminating equipment has already been installed
- Flexible bandwidth changes/upgrades without requiring physical onsite construction work
- Access to cloud computing environments from multiple client access points through a secure private network connection to AWS or Microsoft Azure without traversing the internet
- Fast and easy bandwidth scaling: up/down/on/off to match your cloud connectivity needs
- Ever-expanding number of data centre connections; high-bandwidth connectivity from customer to DC to cloud and back again
We provide multiple access types to match your needs as listed in the table below.
- Choose based on cost, performance and bandwidth
- Streamline costs choosing your preferred access type for each access point
- S Access best-effort circuits have Japan-wide coverage and offer great value with a secure, private connection
|Colt Access||KDDI Access||NEW OPTIONS Access||Hikari Access|
|Overview||• Great performance
• Great reliability
• Low latency
|• Great reliability
• Electrical fibre
|• 100Mbps best-effort
• Partnered network infrastructure
|• Low cost
|Bandwidth||１Mbps ～ 2Gbps||0.5Mbps〜100Mbps||Best-effort (private network)||Best-effort|
|Service areas||Tokyo’s 23 Wards, Tama, Kawasaki, Yokohama, Saitama, Chiba, Osaka||Japan-wide||Japan-wide||Japan-wide|
|Time to recovery||○||○||○||○※1|
|Incident support desk||24/7/365||24/7/365||24/7/365||24/7/365|
|Incident response team||24/7/365||24/7/365||24/7/365||24/7/365 (Hikari Access from 9am to 5pm, or 24/7 with optional package)|
*1 Colt terminal equipment falls under Hikari Access domain is not SLA-covered.
|Service||Colt Ethernet VPN (Colt Access)|
|Provided Interface(s)||10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T/SX/LX, 10GBASE-LR|
|Port Settings||Access/Trunk Setting (Tagged VLAN Only) for each Access Point|
|VLAN ID||Designated by customer – VID 1 to 4000|
|Transmission Frame||Everything but Pause frame, LLDP, Link-OAM|
|Redundancy||Non-Redundant (Single Class), Redundant (Dual Class)|
|Intra-Network Redundancy||Redundant (Single Class / Dual Class)|
|Transmission frame size||1600 byte (Supports 9200 byte with Optional Package)|
|Optional services||Jumbo Frame (9200 byte)
QoS Features (Through IEEE802.1p or IP TOS)
Reporting (data volume)
*Contact us for more information regarding KDDI, S and Hikari Access
The information on this page is subject to change without prior notice.