Information Security Policy
It is Colt’s policy to protect all confidential information related to its business activities, as well as confidential information on customers, partners and others. The Information Security Policy standards summarised below are designed to ensure that information assets are protected from all types of security threats and that highly reliable services are provided.
To this end, the Information Security Management System (ISMS) is established and will be enforced. Continuing efforts will be made to improve the system.
- Appropriate information security measures will be taken on information assets that need to be protected.
- Training on information security is conducted to ensure that all employees understand the importance of information security.
- Information assets are handled appropriately and continuous efforts are made to improve ISMS.
- Compliance with regulations, laws, customer contracts and internal rules are enforced.
- Under the leadership of Senior Management, all people in Colt will work as a team to comply with this policy.
Colt (formerly KVH) Granted ISMS Certification – International Standard and Japanese Standard
Colt has instituted stringent information security measures under its Information Security Policy to protect business and customer information. Colt attained its corporate-wide Information Security Management System (“ISMS”) certification on October 13, 2010, meeting security requirements set by the international ISO (JIS Q) 27001standard. Colt has implemented the ISMS policies and Tokyo Data Centre 1 has been certified to meet security standards set by both the international standard of “BS7799-2:2002″ and Japanese standard of “ISMS Ver.2.0″. In October 2006, Colt converted the ISMS certification to ISO 27001 in conjunction with ISO standardisation of BS7799 and ISMS. In October, 2011, the ISO 27001 certification expanded to include Tokyo Data Centre 2. KVH will continue to strengthen and enhance information security measures to protect information from every conceivable threat and to offer highly reliable services.
Summary of Certification
All of Colt’s Japan offices, Tokyo Data Centre 1 and Tokyo Data Centre 2
Scope of registration:
Design, Development, Operation and Maintenance of following domestic and international services.
- IT Management Services (Cloud, Managed, Data Centre)
- Network Services (Data Communications, Voice Communications, Internet Access Services)
ISO/IEC27001: 2013 (JIS Q 27001:2014)
October 28, 2004
October 25, 2016
BSI Group Japan K.K.
ANAB(ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board), JIPDEC (Japan Information Processing Development Corporation)